Energy Certificate

Important notice to all users of this website

Energy Certification in Existing Buildings

Since June 1, 2013, it is mandatory for all rental or sale of (flats, houses, premises and offices), to have an Energy Efficiency Certificate, for which I inform you that following the adaptation to said norm, the real estate that we offer on this page, WEB, are in the process of obtaining said Certificate by their owners, in accordance with the requirements related to the energy certification of buildings established in: (Royal Decree 390/2021, of June 1 , which approves the basic procedure for the certification of the energy efficiency of buildings.), BOE no. 131, June 2, 2021, pages 67351 to 67373
Because these certificates have to be issued by qualified professionals (architects, technical architects, etc.), if you are interested in any of the properties that we offer and if you do not yet have the Energy Certificate, at the time of your lease or sale, it would be at your disposal, so that you could know the qualification of the property when making a decision about said property.

What is the home energy efficiency label?

With the entry into force of Royal Decree 390/2021, of June 1, the Royal Decree 235/2013 of April 5 is updated, which regulates the energy certification of existing buildings, single-family homes, flats or premises as of June 1. June 2013.

Article 3. Scope of application.
1. This Basic Procedure for the certification of the energy efficiency of buildings will apply to:
  1. Newly constructed buildings.
  2. Buildings or parts of existing buildings that are sold or rented to a new tenant.
  3. Buildings or parts of buildings belonging to or occupied by a Public Administration, the latter being understood as defined in article 2.3 of Law 39/2015, of October 1, on the Common Administrative Procedure of Public Administrations, with a useful area total over 250 m2.
  4. Buildings or parts of buildings in which reforms or extensions are carried out that meet any of the following assumptions:
    • 1st Replacement, installation or renovation of thermal installations such that it requires the realization or modification of a thermal installation project, in accordance with the provisions of article 15 of the Regulation of Thermal Installations in Buildings, approved by Royal Decree 1027 /2007, of July 20.
    • 2nd Intervention in more than 25% of the total surface of the final thermal envelope of the building.
    • 3rd Extension in which the surface or built volume of the unit or units of use on which the intervention is carried out is increased by more than 10%, when the total extended useful surface exceeds 50 m2.
  5. Buildings or parts of buildings with a total useful area of ​​more than 500 m2 intended for the following uses:
    • 1st Administrative.
    • 2nd Sanitary.
    • 3rd Commercial: stores, supermarkets, department stores, shopping centers and the like.
    • 4th Public residential: hotels, hostels, residences, pensions, tourist apartments and the like.
    • 5th Teacher.
    • 6th Cultural: theaters, cinemas, museums, auditoriums, congress centers, exhibition halls, libraries and the like.
    • 7th Recreational activities: Casinos, arcades, nightclubs, discos and the like.
    • 8th Restoration: bars, restaurants, cafeterias and the like.
    • 9th Transportation of people: stations, airports and the like.
    • 10th Sports: gyms, sports centers and the like.
    • 11th Places of worship, religious uses and the like.
  6. Buildings that have to carry out the Technical Inspection of the Building or equivalent inspection.
2. Excluded from the scope of application:
  1. Officially protected buildings for being part of a declared environment or because of their particular architectural or historical value, provided that any action to improve energy efficiency unacceptably alters their character or appearance, being the authority that dictates the official protection who determines the unalterable elements.
  2. Provisional buildings with a planned period of use equal to or less than two years.
  3. Non-residential industrial, defense and agricultural buildings, or parts thereof, with low energy demand. Those areas that do not require guaranteeing thermal comfort conditions, such as those destined for workshops and industrial processes, will be considered to have low energy demand.
  4. Independent buildings, that is, that are not in contact with other buildings and with a total useful area of ​​less than 50 m2.
  5. Buildings that are purchased for demolition or to carry out the reforms defined in section d) of article 3.1. These buildings will be exempt from obtaining the energy performance certificate of the existing building in accordance with article 10, without prejudice, where appropriate, to compliance with article 9 once the reform is to be undertaken, as referred to in section d ) of article 3.1. To make the exclusion contained in this section e) effective, the owner of the building or part of the building, as appropriate, will make a responsible statement before the competent body of the autonomous community in terms of energy certification of buildings. However, the competent body of the autonomous community may regulate a more demanding procedure.

Would you like to be informed about the latest GogoEstates housing offers and Spain news?

Subscribe now to our newsletter and receive relevant information and tips

Your privacy is 100% guaranteed

Preferable language for newsletter?*
Add Property to you favourites

You must login to add properties to your favourites. Register if you do not have an account yet.